Our first open mat sparring session of the year was a blast!
Open Mat Sparring is our live event where coaches from all over the globe get a chance to hone their skills and connect with coaches from multiple points of view. We saw a great turnout of attendees – some without sparring experience, some seasoned Dojo alumni, and everything in between.
Below you’ll find the recording from January 23rd, in which:
- Toku introduces sparring and himself
- the participants split and spar, and
- everyone comes back for Q&A about sparring and the Dojo.
Our next open mat sparring session is set to be held on February 8th.
- [1:19] What is the Samurai Coaching Dojo?
- [3:43] What is Sparring?
- [4:44] What Will You Get?
- [6:06] The Agenda
- [8:24] Who is Toku? (And Why Should We Listen to Him?)
- [12:22] How it Works
- [20:00] Viktor Coaches Andrew (Main Room Sparring)
- [33:48] B.O./Feedback
- [39:21] Andrew Coaches Viktor (Main Room Sparring)
- [48:44] B.O./Feedback
- [51:40] Coaches Gather/Insights
- [54:28] Why Does The Dojo Work?
- [56:01] What Is The Dojo?
- [58:11] Q&A
- [59:22] How To Apply?
- [1:00:20] How Does The Kata Work?
- [1:06:36] Words From A Dojo Alumnus
- The Coaching Canvas
- The ODSC (Open-Drop-Shift-Close) video series: Introduction (and links to the rest of the series)
- Spring 2019 Dojo Application