We had a blast at the June Open Mat Sparring!
Thank you to all who participated & if you missed your chance, don’t worry. July OMS signups are NOW OPEN
Open Mat Sparring is our live container for deliberate practice, where coaches from all over the globe get a chance to hone their skills and connect with coaches from multiple points of view.
We host this event because from experience and catch a glimpse of the dojo, we understand that mastery and development as a coach is a direct result of intentional, feedback centered practice.
Below you’ll find the recording from June 19th, in which:
- Toku introduces himself & how sparring works
- Sparring begins! Participants breakout and Toku & Daniel King spar & give B.O.
- Coaches share insight & talk about practice opportunities coming up (Like the Half Day Dojo in August)
- Spend the rest of the call with Toku in some awesome Q&A
Our next open mat sparring session is a special 90 minute event set to be held Tuesday, July 16th at 12pm ET. Toku will host a FREE webinar on connection & creating it in various settings. Find out more HERE.
- [1:30] Intro & Context
- [5:15] Story Time: Samurai Kyle
- [8:56] How Sparring Works
- [13:54] Dan Coaches Toku
- [24:26] Dan’s B.O.
- [28:55] Toku Coaches Dan
- [40:18] Toku’s B.O.
- [45:06] Coaches Return & Share
- [50:15] Recap & Philosophy
- [53:o8] Half Day Dojo Details (LINK)
- [57:15] July Open Mat Sparring Details (LINK)
- [57:21] Q&A